Thursday, October 25, 2012

My date with magic

Today is said to be an auspicious day to start something new. So I decided to start a blog today. Not sure about what yet :) But I have been meditating for 10 years and they say creativity comes from a deep meditative state, therefore I count on the fact that I made enough creative reserves to get me through the first post :)

I would say that the period in my life where I have experienced growth in leaps and bounds, were the last 10 years. And the culprit in my spiritual path abundant in meditation and self-knowledge is my great master, +Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.

I have all the time in the world to go through those years, but I learned the importance of living in the present moment and now I'm all about applying what I have learned. Living with intensity, without fear, making the impossible possible and keeping my mind cool at the same time.

Just two weeks ago I was passionately involved in a project called Yoga Rave, which pioneers entertainment without alcohol or any other substance. We invited a known high energy music band from Argentina called the So That Project, who are the creators of this cool concept, which involves music, meditation, yoga and dance.

I got to test my comfort boundaries while organizing it. I was flyering for about ten days in San Francisco and indeed this is not an easy job, but I learned new things about myself this time. It helped that we have a cool flyer :) When people hear the words Yoga Rave they all became curious how the two words go together.

I had good moments and not so good moments flyering. There are moments when nothing is happening and moments when almost every person wants a flyer. They even chase you down asking for the flyer.

I realized that your prana (subtle energy) level is what attracts people and a feeling of surrendering the fruits of your actions. You want to see how prana impacts people around you? You want to practice surrendering the fruits of your actions? Nothing better than flyering :-)

I haven't had so much fun in a while. LaShanda, my friend, is a great flyering partner, making me laugh as we went through some crazy situations.

We were flyering in Castro in a popular gay bar and the bartender told us the best spot for posters is the restroom. We took a deep breath approaching the women's restroom but then we saw a guy coming out of the restroom. We took a second deeper breath and we locked ourselves in to put the poster. We got out together from the restroom and we got inquiring looks. It didn't helped that LaShanda was wearing shorts and I was wearing a skirt.

I've done many development courses, which test your comfort zone, but my boundaries were really pushed when we put a poster on a highly visible street poll while a naked guy was sunning on a chair next to the pole. 

How to keep your prana high when flyering or doing any activity out of your comfort zone:
1. get a partner
2. surrender your fruit of the action
3. know that you have the choice of feeling good or bad every moment
4. look for creative ways to look at your activity e.g. knowing that the flyer in your hand is more valuable than a 100 dollar bill as it has the potential of changing someone's life
5. grace flows with action

Am I suppose to close with some signature phrase?

How about "Magic never ends, you only have to arrange your date with it" - +Sri Sri Ravi Shankar



1 comment:

  1. i usually dont read blogs..but happened to read yours and i like it..hope to see more....

    ReplyDelete